Date of Birth
Place of Birth
1997 - present
Sacha Dhawan (born 1984) is an English actor. He has performed on stage, film, television and radio. Dhawan was born in Bramhall, Stockport.
He trained at the Laine-Johnson Theatre School in Manchester, having started acting at the age of twelve. He attended Aquinas College in Stockport.
Dhawan has appeared in a number of television shows in the United Kingdom. He had recurring roles in Weirdsister College, in which he played Azmat Madaridi, and series two and three of the children's TV series Out of Sight. He appeared in the mini series The Last Train, and has guest starring in episodes on EastEnders, Altogether Now, and City Central.
Dhawan originated the role of Akthar in Alan Bennett's play The History Boys. After playing Akthar in the original stage production he reprised the role in the Broadway, Sydney, Wellington and Hong Kong productions, and radio and film versions of the play.
For his performance in Bradford Riots he won the 2007 Royal Television Society Award for On-Screen Breakthrough.
He also appeared in 2008 ITV drama, Wired, as Ben Chandrakar, alongside Jodie Whittaker and Laurence Fox. He was part of an ensemble cast on the NBC sitcom Outsourced, which aired during the 2010–11 season.
- An Adventure in Space and Time (2013) as Waris Hussein
- Welcome to India, TV documentary, BBC Two (2012) as narrator
- Last Tango in Halifax(2012) as Paul
- Girl Shaped Love Drug (2012)
- Being Human (2012) as pete for one episode
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood (2012) as Neville Landless
- Outsourced, (2010) as Manmeet
- The Deep, (2010) as Vincent
- Pornography, Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh (2008)
- Wired, UK TV Series (2008) as Ben
- Pretend You Have Big Buildings, Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester (2007) as Danny
- The History Boys, feature film (2006) as Akthar
- Bradford Riots, TV movie (2006)
- The History Boys, Broadhurst Theatre, Broadway (2006) as Akthar
- The History Boys, Sydney Theatre, Sydney (2006) as Akthar
- The History Boys, St James, Wellington (2006) as Akthar
- The History Boys, Lyric Theatre, Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, Hong Kong (2006) as Akthar
- The History Boys, Lyttelton Theatre, Royal National Theatre, London (2004–05) as Akthar
- The Witches, Haymarket Theatre, Leicester (2002) as Boy
- Weirdsister College (2001) as Azmat Madaridi
- East is East, Haymarket Theatre, Leicester (2001)
- Borstal Boy, Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- The Last Train, TV miniseries (1999) as Leo Nixon
- Chocky, radio play, BBC Radio Four (1998) as Matthew Gore
- Out of Sight, TV series (1997–98) as Ali